BSc (Hons) degree.
Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (Merit) awarded by Insolvency Practitioners’ Association (IPA).
Certificate of Insurance awarded by Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII).
Principal professional specialisms:
Simon advises insurance companies and the Lloyd’s Market on complex claims, in particular, claims arising from fraud, dishonesty and financial crime.
His expertise and services are often called upon to:
- Form an initial coverage determination.
- Recommend and then periodically consider the adequacy of reserves.
- Investigate and assess the merits of the claims received by insurers.
- Calculate the losses that fall under the scope of cover and adjust the claims accordingly.
- Negotiate with claimants to resolve disputes concerning insurers’ liability and/or the quantum of recoverable losses.
- Handle claims through to declinature or settlement.
What sets Simon and his team apart from others is his deep insight and understanding in the arena of Surety Bonds.
Alongside Haslocks’s team of forensic accounting specialists which he manages, Simon can help with claims in connection with:
- Fidelity Cover
- Financial Crime
- Surety Bonds
He has extensive experience working closely with insurers, brokers and their respective agents and legal advisors with regards to all aspects of the life of a claim.
Simon and the team at Haslocks are proud of their ability to resolve contentious claims without the need to engage in litigation, providing a smooth and efficient service as well as a cost-saving to clients.
With an educational background in science and time spent as an investigator at the Insolvency Service, Simon’s enquiring mind is an invaluable asset when conducting disciplined investigations.
Membership of professional organisations
Member of the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII).
A member of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals, R3.